Pesto alla genovese.
With this new Section „Food“ I want to tell you about my „eating“ experiences during training camps or races around Europe. I hope you will find it useful, that you eat well, discover new tastes and ingredients, and stay in form. This Section is dedicated to my grandmother Maria Gentile, one of the best cooks I knew in my life.
Pesto alla Genovese: (x4)
- spaghetti o bavette integrali(if you dont find the Trenette)360gr,
- pinoli(pine nuts)2 tablespoon,
- basilico (basil)50gr.
- sale grosso(grains of salt),
- aglio(garlic)2 cloves,
- olio extra vergine di oliva,
- mix of parmigiano reggiano(40gr.)and pecorino romano(20gr.).
- Pine nuts are rich in proteins and dietary fibres;
- Basil contains large amount of essential oils, has anti-oxidant, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties, like the garlic;
- Salt in grains helps crushing the basil leaves;
Try, if possible, to cook the pasta „al dente“, it is easier to digest, appreciated the evening before a race. Last but not least, use a marble mortar and a wooden pestle, not a Moulinex!
More info and the recipe here